Stop having fun. Stop exploring the world. Stop dreaming. Shed the adolescent in you as soon as possible, and become a cog in the machine. We are indoctrinated into this narrow view of life. Our minds are put in boxes.
Reality TV, adverts dangling shiny new products in our faces, fear driven news channels and elections every four or five years keep us distracted from the vicious, stagnant trap that we are falling victim to.
Politicians funding banks and corporations, who then fund politicians, who then further aid the financial elite. The people are compromised. They work all their lives, but still live in poverty. The only purpose of most of their jobs is to fill the pockets of some already rich business person.
Attempts to change things are, if not ignored, then demonised by the media. Protest and revolution is marginalised. The police use violence against citizens who just want to stand in one place, together. They stop the people from being able to make a change.
Every handful of years an election is held where some new politicians come along and shout “change”. But change never happens on any truly valuable scale. They feed false reassurance to the people, whilst going about business as usual.
Under the current political systems in the world, ask yourself this - what kind of hope for the future do we have? Where is our happiness going to come from? What are we worth to the world, other than as profit machines? When are we encouraged to dream, to pursue our hearts desires, and formulate our own path in life? Where is our humanity?
This is a false sense of prosperity.
- ultimaratio444 likes this
- iamscopelitis reblogged this from suicidalswan
- soulaspiration reblogged this from secularphilosophy
- haveyouevercriedwolf likes this
- accurateestimation reblogged this from secularphilosophy
- thesemadnightmares likes this
- caffeinated-insomniac likes this
- blondemarceline likes this
- zenaiira reblogged this from bigbirdonacid
- ramblingsofsorts likes this
- nuevohymen likes this
- relatively-useless likes this
- tassanona reblogged this from bigbirdonacid
- myownway11 reblogged this from secularphilosophy and added:
- newbloomsbury reblogged this from secularphilosophy
- laurenellison reblogged this from pillarsofgeph
- reachinghumanity likes this
- youreclosebutyourenocigar likes this
- dontstopthinkingever reblogged this from the-crawford-conundrum
- koreanflavour reblogged this from highmichele
- beesquid likes this
- love-temily likes this
- sylswords likes this
- so-dance-fucker-dance reblogged this from ruingaraf
- ruingaraf reblogged this from secularphilosophy
- the-crawford-conundrum likes this
- highmichele reblogged this from secularphilosophy
- latinagabi likes this
- giddy-stratospheres reblogged this from secularphilosophy
- rooftopdetours reblogged this from secularphilosophy
- take-californyuh likes this
- thepeoplesrecord likes this
- pillarsofgeph likes this
- pillarsofgeph reblogged this from secularphilosophy
- throak-spirit reblogged this from secularphilosophy
- throak-spirit likes this
- solsetur likes this
- stolenfromthenet likes this
- stardusttonothing likes this
- suicidalswan reblogged this from secularphilosophy
- iramothewiseman reblogged this from secularphilosophy
- city-melusine likes this
- dippersbirthmark reblogged this from secularphilosophy
- secularphilosophy posted this